Below are our picks for the leading ladies whose beauty looks stole the show along with how to re-create their statement hair and makeup.
Makeup artist Patti Dubroff channeled the statuesque Chrysler building to create a strong and polished yet feminine makeup look for Naomi Watts.
1. Dubroff prepped Naomi’s skin with Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum around the perimeter of her face with a mattifying primer in the center.
2. Next, she used Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra–Light Skin Perfecting Sunscreen Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15 to even the skin and Chanel Liz Lumiere Smoothing and Rejuvenating Eye Contour Concealer around the eye area.
3. On the apples of Naomi’s cheeks, she dusted on Chanel Powder Blush in Pink Explosion for a very feminine flush adding Poudre Signee De Chanel Illuminating Powder to bring definition to her cheekbones.
4. For her eyes, Debroff applied a combination of Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproff Long Lasting Eyeliner in Gris and Noir Intense to the inner rims and lash line and then blended to soften the look. She topped the pencil with Chanel La LIgne de Chanel Professional Eye-liner duo in Noir Lame. For the final sparkle she mixed Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Fantasme and Epatant.
5. To complete the look, Dubroff curled the lashes and added two coats of Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in Noir and coated lips with Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Colour in Madamoiselle. Read More
I love shimmer shadow. Especially for an evening out, I like to apply a subtle hint of sparkle over my regular matte shadow to create dimension and brighten the eye. This is a look that anyone at any age should try. That said, when choosing the formula, make sure you don’t see actual dots of glitter in the pot. The particles should be so tiny that when you dust the shadow on lids, it glistens. Stila’s new glitter shadows are the perfect example. Read More
From Lea Michelle’s glowy skin to Jessica Alba’s vibrant lips, we’ve got the details behind the best beauty looks of the night.
Lea Michelle’s ‘goddess’ glow:
1. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation #8 and # 6 ($59.00 each)
2. For cheeks, blend L’Oréal Paris Visible Lift, Blush Pink Lift and Nude Lift, ($12.95)
3. We were drooling over Lea’s skin, which glowed on stage. Her makeup artist Melanie Ingelssis dusted on YSL’s Terre Saharienne Bronzing Powder in Golden Sand ($50.00)
TAGS 2013 Golden Globes, Awards Show, celebrity beauty looks, fishtail braid, golden globes, hair, Jessica Chastain, jessica-alba, Lea Michelle, Lucy Lui, makeup, Rachel Weisz, Star Beauty
Foundation is arguably the hardest makeup product to shop for. From textures, to finishes, to brands and shades, it’s hard to find the right match.
Luckily, Prescriptives has made the process easier with the launch of their “Custom Blend Live Video Chat.” The best part is that it’s all done from the comfort of your home. We wanted to see if it really works so we gave it a try. We wondered how we could effectively be “fit” for a foundation through a computer screen and were pleasantly surprised. Here’s what happens: Read More