Below are our picks for the leading ladies whose beauty looks stole the show along with how to re-create their statement hair and makeup.
Makeup artist Patti Dubroff channeled the statuesque Chrysler building to create a strong and polished yet feminine makeup look for Naomi Watts.
1. Dubroff prepped Naomi’s skin with Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum around the perimeter of her face with a mattifying primer in the center.
2. Next, she used Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra–Light Skin Perfecting Sunscreen Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15 to even the skin and Chanel Liz Lumiere Smoothing and Rejuvenating Eye Contour Concealer around the eye area.
3. On the apples of Naomi’s cheeks, she dusted on Chanel Powder Blush in Pink Explosion for a very feminine flush adding Poudre Signee De Chanel Illuminating Powder to bring definition to her cheekbones.
4. For her eyes, Debroff applied a combination of Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproff Long Lasting Eyeliner in Gris and Noir Intense to the inner rims and lash line and then blended to soften the look. She topped the pencil with Chanel La LIgne de Chanel Professional Eye-liner duo in Noir Lame. For the final sparkle she mixed Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Fantasme and Epatant.
5. To complete the look, Dubroff curled the lashes and added two coats of Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in Noir and coated lips with Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Colour in Madamoiselle.
1. Best Actress nominee (and winner!) Jennifer Lawrence was a vision with her dreamy makeup and updo. To pull her hair back, hairstylist Chelsey Waldron first applied a few drops of an anti-frizz serum to Jennifer’s damp hair and combed through to bring out extra moisture and shine.
2. Next, Waldron added a large dollop of Dove Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse to her hair and blow dried with a large round brush.
3. For extra texture and shine, she put a nickel size amount of Dove Frizz-Ease Shine Cream-Serum in her hands and raked through Jennifer’s hair. Then she took random pieces from each side and loosley twisted them and pinned them together at the back of the head with eight bobby pins in crosses.
4. Finally, she took the remaining hair and gathered it into a loose bun finishing the style with hairspray.
Insprired by Halle Berry’s structured black gown with silver beaded vertical stripes, Makeup Artist Kara Yoshimoto Bua kept her makeup look tonal and casual in conjunction with the dress.
1. Bua first used a primer. To even skin tone, she applied Revlon Color Stay Whipped Creme in Caramel with a foundation brush on her face and neck and Chanel Powder Blush in Frivole to add warmth.
2. Next, she blended the red and brown shades of the Revlon Eye Shadow palette in Graffiti into her eyelid crease. To define and thicken the base of the top lashes Bua used Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Black to draw along the lash line extending slightly past the ends of lashes. For the bottom lashline, she used Chanel Long Lasting Eyeliner in Espresso.
3. To add shimmer, she applied Revlon PhotoReady Primer + Eye Sahdow in Metropolitan under the lash line and applied several coats of mascara in Le Volume de Chanel in Noir.
4. Finally, to shape and round the lips, Bua applied Chanel Precision Lip Definer in Praline D’or and smoothed on a coat of matte Lipstick by Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Private Viewing.