$300+ gift bags, manis and brow waxes, raffles prizes galore, delicous food, a stocked bar and a crowd of happy mamas and moms-to-be all made our sold-out event a huge success. Enjoy this video montage highlighting the night’s festivities and the recap of my presentation. Plus, enter for your chance to win the coveted gift bag.
My top 10 beauty picks and tricks for busy moms
1. Meaningful Beauty Skincare. Yes, beautiful mom Cindy Crawford partnered with the esteemed Dr. Sebagh, but what I appreciate even more is how streamlined and affordable this skincare line is.
2. Phyto haircare. Sure, our hair is shinier and thicker during pregnancy. But our dreamy hair days are numbered. Phyto’s new Phytokeratine line has shampoo, conditiioning treatment and serum created specifically for fragile, weak hair and damaged ends.
3. BB Cream…is your everything product (moisturizer, anti ager, skin tone evener). Dr. Jart is the original. Estee Lauder, Clinique and Garnier have all followed in this trend.
4. Baby Aquaphor…isn’t just for baby. Try it on your cuticles, cheeks, lips and the list goes on.
5. Nutra Nail At-Home No Chip Mani. Click here to see my how-to video.
6. Fingers. Ok, this isn’t a product, but your fingertips are your best tools for quick, easy makeup application. Fingers work best with cream textures and baked formulas like the one I talked about — Make Up For Ever’s Eye Shadow Palette from their spring 2012 La Boheme collection. If you liked what you saw, check out the new MUFE lipstick I’m into right now.
7. Travel-size hand sanitizers that actually smell good. (Budget buy — CleanWell. Splurge — Eve Echo)
8. Makeup remover wipes. Keep them by your nightstand. When you’re too tired to wash up, better to wipe off the day before passing out. You’ll be saving yourself from added breakouts and fine lines.
9. Avoiding stretch marks during pregnancy is like scoring La Mer on sale. You can’t erase them completely but if you apply Mederma religiously it can help.
10. Mascaras are a dime a dozen. However, a formula that doesn’t crumble, dry out lashes or require a lash curler does catch my eye. Had to share the news that Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara, which is a best seller abroad, will be available at Sephora Feb. 23rd.
P.S. Congrats to the raffle winners! We gave away incredible prizes including $150 in Phyto Haircare, a complete Meaningful Beauty skincare regimen, an adorable diaper bag, a Bliss spa facial and massage, two at-home airbrush tanning services for you and a friend, courtesy of Ortanic, and the grandaddy of all — the $1000 brand, new Phil & Ted’s double stroller.
Bonus: For those of you who missed the event, you can still get in on the action! We’re giving one lucky person the chance to win a gift bag. It’s loaded with full-size goodies and discounts that will keep you feeling beautiful from head to toe. Click here to enter the sweepstakes.
(event photography by – TK Photography Chicago)