As The Beauty Girl, I never turn myself off. There’s no watching the minutes tick down (unless it’s waiting for my hubby to walk in the door) to some magical number like 5pm so I can return to freedom. My radar is up 24/7…when I’m with friends, walking down the street, shopping Whole Foods…you name it. While a large chunk of my beauty expertise comes from my relationships with PR firms, experience testing products, interviewing derms, meeting makeup artists and so forth, I have to give credit for this post to my best friend Molly. She’s a foodie who cares about what goes on and in her body. Passionate about healthy living (if it weren’t for Molly I’d still be eating Skippy instead of the natural equivalent), Molly did some research and created a natural skincare regimen that’s become my new favorite way to cleanse my face. I discovered her secret when I stayed with her during a visit to my old stomping ground NYC, and it’s too good to not pass on. Beauty Secret: Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil! Washing up with a nickel-size amount of Rachael Ray’s beloved e.v.o.o. is a great chemical-free option to get soft, supple skin. If this sounds like a shocker, it shouldn’t be. Tons of beauty products from drugstore brands like Curel to luxe brands like Philip B contain this ingredient. The moisturizing benefits of olive oil make it perfect for dry skin, and it removes makeup as effectively as any makeup remover. 1. Rub the olive oil on dry skin in circular motions. Molly suggested I do that for a couple of minutes and I soon understood why. It felt like a relaxing face massage. 2. Rinse off with water. If you feel like you still have some residue on your skin (I didn’t but Molly did) follow with a tea tree oil-based face cleanser like Desert Essence. It will give your newly hydrated face that squeaky clean feeling. The only thing that’s left to decide is where you’ll keep your all-purpose bottle of olive oil — kitchen or bathroom.
Other articles you might like:
- Face Wash and Moisturizer Giveaway Winners Announced
- The Beauty Girl Does A Bridal Shower – Top Beauty Tips
- Lavanila Looking For Face of Its New Baby Line at Sephora
- Tuesday Giveaway: Face Cleanser & SPF Moisturizer
- Get a Free Wash and Blow-out on May 27th!
- Save Your Face Giveaway!
- The BG’s Favorite Things…for Skin
- Get Skinny for Summer & The Skinny On Degree Natureffects
3 comments on “A Natural Face Wash — Olive Oil”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Nicole Pearl, The Beauty Girl, has written for national publications including Allure, Cosmo, Marie Claire, Self, In Style, Seventeen, and more. She appears as a beauty and style expert on TV for shows like TODAY, Windy City LIVE, and more. She's covered NYC and LA Fashion Weeks, has been a guest speaker for corporations, hosts events and offers services. The Beauty Girl blog is Nicole's exclusive insider notebook, sharing her V.I.P. access to the latest in beauty. Welcome! Still curious about Nicole? Click here.
To book this beauty expert for parties, events, TV segments, media tours, personal consultations and appearances, email email@example.com
- RT @acuKathleenLove: my fave treatment #GUASHA : Have You Ever Been Gua Sha-d? | The Beauty Girl http://t.co/W1TKGtCAjE via @NPTheBeautyGir… about 15 hours ago
- RT @purlisse: @NPTheBeautyGirl shares her favorite @purlisse cleanser and important #BeautyTip #video. Get her favorite... http://t.co/JfK… about 15 hours ago
- 5 of my favorites from this week: http://t.co/xWp6CiTThQ about 17 hours ago